Friday, August 7, 2009

Big Day (take 2)

Grace's actual birthday was on Tuesday, the 4th. I took the day off to take her to the Aquatic Center in East Lansing. We met Nana, Papa, and Luke there for a picnic lunch and then played in the zero entry pool and the splash pad. She loved this place!!


I just love her little wet footprints...

After a few hours in the water we picked up daddy from work in EL and went to the Ingham County Fair.

We just went through all the animal barns because Grace loves to look at all the animals. Every time we walked out of a barn she asked for more "moo cows".

The petting zoo. Ain't no way mama was gonna get in there with all those goats. Me and goats don't get along. There were baby pigs, a calf, ducks, a donkey, sheep, and other assorted animals in here.
There is just something about this picture of them hand and hand that melts my heart.


We ended the night with dinner out in Jackson at Rocky Tops with a fried Twinkie for dessert. We sure did we have a tired little girl on our hands but it was such a good day.

4 comments:

  1. What a great day!! I love the pics... you have some nice composition in there! I love the footprint, Adam, grace and the horses and them holding hands. So sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pics too! Moments like these are too precious to miss. I am trying to talk Chris in to getting me a SLR camera for my "push gift" as my friends like to call it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the footprints!! :) Looks like a really fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL about the goats - you are too funny! Looks like Grace had a wonderful birthday! P.S. I love the watermelon themed party, too.

    ReplyDelete