Sunday, August 16, 2009

Traverse City

My girl Grace and I spent the last couple of days in Traverse City. My cousin had a wedding shower so my mom and I decided to make a weekend out of it. Took the day off Friday and stayed at The Grand Beach in Traverse. Never a dull moment however. As we were trying to leave I was packing up the car and had it running because it was so hot. Grace was playing inside the car and I was just happy it was keeping her entertained. I close the back hatch and she proceeds to lock herself in the car. Not in her car seat. I freaked out of course because the car is running and she is loose in there!!! I am frantically yelling at her and looking like a wild monkey as she calmly sits in the driver seat looking at me like, "what mama?"eating all my gum as fast as she can. I called 911 and told them the situation. Finally I got her to push over the unlock button and was able to get her out before the police got there (and probably arrested me for being an IDIOT).

Anyway, Grace loved the beach and the pool. It was a great warm up for Hatteras in less a week. It was great to see this side of the family. We spent Saturday night and my grandpa's cottage on Fife Lake with my aunt, cousin, and her three boys. They had a good ol time in the lake and with each other.The shower was really nice, Rachel is going to be a beautiful bride. She is getting married on our 5 year anniversary October 9th so we will have to go up a little early for the wedding and make another weekend of it.

4 comments:

  1. I can only imagine how scary that situation was at the time. That will be one of those stories you can share with Grace when she gets older and you will both laugh about it. I'm glad she unlocked the door!

    What a beautiful place. That will be a nice get-a-way for your five year. Has it been that long already?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've done that too, thankfully I was just at the library in Concord, so my dad brought my spare set of keys to me to unlock the door, before it got too hot in there-my car wasn't running! I'm sure you had visions of Grace putting the car in drive and speeding away :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, I just cracked up laughing. I think the best part is the gum - such an opportunist you have! And of course picturing you running around the car arms waving, jumping up and down and such ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can I come see you in Haterras??? Would like to visit its been a long time!!

    ReplyDelete