Monday, April 16, 2012

K Time

I am still struggling with the decision as to where to send Grace to school. I started checking out schools in February. It's now April. I don't know why I am having such a tough time deciding and I am sure I am making a bigger deal out of it than I need to.

Today we did Concords roundup. Grace did great. She was shy at first but then went happily with the 5th grader assigned to her and then with the teachers. It was nice to know people there and that they knew us. Grace would not just be another face in the crowd @ Concord. The highlight for her was planting a sunflower and seeing the inside of the school bus. Next week we will do Westerns roundup.

We also had G's preschool conference tonight. Mrs. T informed us that Grace "has really blossomed this year". She started off crying everyday at drop off and kind of being a loner. She now has no problem with the separation and actively plays and talks with the other kids. Academically she came in doing well and has continued to do well. She also said she is quite the little artist (just like daddy). She showed us some of the great pictures she has drawn this year. She said she asks very thoughtful questions at sharing time, not the same ones asked every week. We were also told our Miss G is a perfectionist. She takes the time to make sure she does her very best even if it takes a little longer.

Her Self portrait in September
Her self portrait in April
Her name in September
Her name in April
If she were president...
She likes to play in her tree fort
Her Robot
Our little artist

Mrs. T and Cherubs have been perfect for her. I feel like my child has been nurtured and loved and allowed to be herself while growing at her own pace. You can't ask for much more as a parent.
She is ready for kindergarten! Now if mommy could only figure out where to send her!!



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment