Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Decisions Decisions

Nobody ever said making a decision was my strong suit. I am one of those people who have to know every other option out there before I make a decision. I tried every wedding dress on in the tri state area before deciding on the ONE. I research, make lists, think about it, and talk it out. Ultimately I usually go with my gut but not before driving myself and everyone around me crazy.

Deciding where to send our children to school has been no different. I feel as if I am making a decision for all of them and their future. While still making the best decision for G right now. I have done visits, and met with principals, talked to parents, and talked to teachers. I went back and forth between Queens, Western, and Concord and finally decided on Concord for a few years and then Queens when the twins start preschool and everyone will be in the same place. We are hoping to have saved enough money at that point to sell our house and move into a bigger one. Who knows what time will bring though, if this past year has been evident I reserve the right to change my mind 6 more times :)

It is pretty cool that Grace will be going to the same school as both her grandparents (Adam's parents) and parents. She will be walking into the same kindergarten classroom as Adam and I did 27 years ago. She has been assigned a wonderful teacher who I know she will love. She will ride the bus to nana's house at the end of the day and get to spend her afternoons with her sisters. She will be a part of a small, close knit community and while that sometimes has its drawbacks it also has it perks. If she gets sick, nana is 5 minutes away. If I have an issue, this school and the people in it know me and I will be heard. I feel at peace about that.

I am not sure what kind of time warp I am living in that my baby will be starting kindergarten a week from today. Everyone says you blink and they graduate high school. Sometimes I want to press pause, tell time to slow down. But time marches on and we enjoy this journey called life :)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you made absolutely, hands down, the perfect decision! Always go with your gut and trust your instinct. Your decisions are always the right decisions, for you! Never let others tell you different! Can't wait to hear about her first day!!!!

    ReplyDelete