Friday, August 31, 2012

Dawson Details


  • J & L love to sing. They wake up singing. They sing in the car. Lyla probably has the better voice but Jilli has more passion

  • Grace has taken to illustrating stories. She is actually an amazing little artist and tapes all these pieces of paper together. This means I run out of tape a lot but who am I to impede an artist's process

  • Jillian and Grace are like the same kid. Same sweet temperment. Same stubborn streak. Then there is Lyla. Adam claims she is all her mother :) I personally think she is going to run the world someday.

  • Dress up is in constant play at our house. It usually involves tutus and leotards and lots of accessories

  • I played stay at home mom after my wrist surgery last week. Epic fail one day as I locked keys in the car, had to be rescued by a police man, Jill scraped her knee, and they fell asleep in the car and wouldn't take naps when we finally did get home. Props SAHM. Mad props. I was a hot mess.

  • The twins never stop moving and getting into things. They are the definition of chaos. ALL. THE. TIME.

  • Grace loves the show Good Luck Charlie. I do too. It reminds me of Full House. Sure beats Doc McStuffins on repeat. There is no getting that theme song out of your head.

  • Grace has been invited to join the preteam at gymnastics. And so it begins.

  • Potty training starts in September. Physically I think they are ready but they don't want to sit on the potty. Training 2 should be an adventure.

  • I have some work travel this fall. I always dread being away from my babies. But its good news for our company and job security to have these type of meetings

  • In September Adam will have worked a full year without being laid off for the first time in 3-4 years. Newsflash, the economy has sucked. Hoping we can keep the trend going.

  • In Ocober we will celebrate our 8th wedding anniversary. I am thinking a trip back to East Lansing would be a pretty awesome way to celebrate

  • We are hoping to visit the mouse this Spring. We have been promising G since the twins were born we would go back to Disney when they were 2.5. Save Save Save.



3 comments:

  1. YOU BLOGGED!!!! YAYYY! I love reading. Love. :)

    We are going to try to visit The Mouse for Xmas 2013. Asking for Disney gift cards for all b-days and holidays until then!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved catching up with the Dawson clan! It sounds like a crazy, beautiful life. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the bullet style and the words contained! Welcome back to the blog!

    ReplyDelete