Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Merry Christmas

I am a little behind on the blogging and I know you all are holding your breath in anticipation of a Dawson family update (HAHA) so here it is. Grace's first Christmas was interesting to say the least. We had a lovely Christmas Eve with my in-laws, went to church, went over to Ann and Allan's for some chicken wings, shrimp, teenie weinies (why the menu you ask- keep reading). About 3 am that night I wake up and my stomach is killing me. Me to Adam: "Do you feel okay?" Adam: "Uhhh" me: "I feel like I am going to throw up" Him: "Uhhhh". Five minutes later all hell breaks lose from BOTH ends. It was THE worst. So Grace wakes up about 7 as usual and I stumble out of the bathroom where I have been sleeping on the bathmat to nurse her. Merry Freaking Christmas. I managed to stay up for the hour in a half it took to open presents and then I climbed back into bed until about 1 o'clock that afternoon. I didn't even care it was Christmas I was so sick and I missed EVERYTHING. Adam took Grace to Grandma Dawson's and our parents houses. Then he got home about 5 pm and he came down with it. My dad had to come over becasue I was still too sick to even pick Grace up. My mom and Ally had it on Christmas too, Scott and Nicki a day later and finally the last man standing: my dad. Somehow Grace managed to stay healthy- THANK GOD. That breast milk is good stuff. Here she is with her very first stocking- it's bigger than she is. It was filled with stuff to start solid foods and a "Baby's 1st Christmas" ornament. I think I will continue this tradition of a "theme stocking" and a keepsake ornament.
I stole Nicole's Christmas idea for Porter from her blog. Kids get so much stuff at Christmas she decided to limit it to 4 presents, "Something you want, something you need, something to play with, and something to read". Grace got a hooded towel for something she needed, rubber blocks for her something to play with, and some Sandra Boynten books for her something to read. She got a baby bungee bouncer for her something you want- will post pics of that later.

I swear we didn't punch her in the face. She was just getting tired and was rubbing her eyes.



She absolutely loves books. All the Sandra Boynten books rhyme too, so cute. My sweet baby's first Christmas.....




No comments:

Post a Comment