Saturday, July 12, 2008

Been a While

Whew! it has been a while since my last post, sorry about that. It is just so hard to find time in the summer to sit down and blog. We are too busy enjoying the sunshine and daylight hours that we only get three months of the year!! Went to Archivers to scrapbook with the girls last night. The store was amazing and the staff took such great care of us. They have so many cool things that our Chelsea store doesn't. We were in scrapbook heaven!! However, the night started off a little rough when I decided it would be a good idea to back into Leslie's new van in my driveway. I felt like such an a*# but she handled it really well and it we called the insurance company and in a half hour were on our way to Novi!! Never a dull moment- LOL!

My good luck continued when I found out I missed my daughter's first steps while I was at the crop. According to Adam Grace was balancing and standing for a full 10-20 seconds at Travis and Beckie's house last night. So he decided to prop her back against the couch and she took 5 steps to him! What!?! He showed me today and she did it again. Not even a week ago she wasn't even standing on her own. Does that count? What is considered "first steps"? She doesn't really realize she is doing it..... OMG I can't believe I missed it.

This evening we put her in the baby pool on our deck while we made dinner. She loves to splash and play with her measuring cups and today decided to keep standing up and balancing. She thought she was pretty cool. Notice that she says her two favorite words in this video, "Dooley" and "Hi". (The video uploaded at he end of the post for some reason- Hope no one is offended by the naked baby).

This was all well and good until she fell face first on the deck. Poor kid got a fat lip. It was so sad!! It swelled immediately and she cried and cried.... poor baby. The first of many spills on the journey to walking...


4 comments:

  1. Sounded like you guys had fun in Novi! Leslie told me all about it! :) Sorry to hear about the van ... atleast it was Leslie rather than someone who would have flipped out!

    Yay for Grace taking some steps!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jane....no worries. Stuff happens. :)

    Sorry to hear that you missed Grace's first steps. But, when you see them, they will still be first steps to you, too. :)

    Love the video. It looks like you are about to have a walker on your hands. Look out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww, I am sorry that you missed her first steps! The video is adorable!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man, sorry about the van! Sounds like you ladies had fun though. Drew and I loved the video of Grace. My favorite parts are her randomly yelling out "dooley!" and "HI!" She's so hilarious!

    ReplyDelete