Sunday, January 18, 2009

Where does it go?

Where or where do the weekends go? We got together for my brother Scott's birthday on Friday night at Buffalo BBQ Wings in Jackson. Joining the fam were Kristin & Mark and Sam & Henry. Great food, fun atmosphere, and even better company :) After that my dad stayed at our house so we could stop by Nicole's "game/drink and chat night". Bummer we had to leave early to relieve my dad and miss the raunchy Loaded Questions game .

Saturday Adam went to the MSU basketball game with Joel and I went to the MSU gymnastics meet with my parents. More on Adam's weekend later. Grace ran around with Nana and the girls on the floor and went to dinner at Harrison Roadhouse with Mama and Papa. She is getting quite brave lately and is not intimidated by any situation. She will pretty much wander away and go and talk to anyone. She thought it was great fun being out on the floor at the gymnastics meet. Probably not my brightest idea since she can't be out there during competition. Adam took her home before the meet started but it should be interesting what she does in a couple of weeks at the Alumni meet.

Today we went to breakfast at our usual Roxy's Cafe and made a trip to Target. We need to figure out how to integrate church into this routine. I looked up information on Westwinds this afternoon and I think we might check it out soon.

I also picked up my camera to take a few photos of miss G since I feel like I haven't taken any in a while. And low and behold she was being cooperative instead of running away from me. For once I got some eye contact and smiles! She has figured out that she can see herself on the LCD screen after I take the picture and she wants to see it. She points to herself on the screen and says "baby". HAHA.


We also went to Adam's parents for dinner. Grace and Alexis had fun on the sit-n-spin. All we have to do is say, "Do you want to go see Alexis?" and Grace goes and gets her shoes and is ready to go. She loves her cousin!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh that is such a cute picture of Grace! I can't believe how long her hair is getting.

    Hopefully next time you can join in on the Loaded Questions HAHA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jane, yes! You should check out Westwinds. I am John Voelz, one of two lead pastors here. When you come to the church, make sure you grab me and say hello. I am here every weekend--usually leading music and occasionally speaking.

    I am also a fan of the Roxy. Jim and crew do a good job there. Best breakfast in town.

    Peace.

    ReplyDelete