Thursday, March 12, 2009

This One's For the Girls

Grace is lucky enough to have two big girl cousins on my side of the family. It seems like rest of her cousins and friends are all boys! She idolizes Ally (or Aiiiieeeee as she calls her) and thinks Natalie is pretty special too. They are both so good with her. They let her play big girl stuff and don't get too annoyed by her shenanigans.

This past weekend we went to the The Chelsea Treehouse and the MSU Gymnastics meet with the three girls. I took them upstairs to the practice gym which they absolutely loved. I hate to admit it, but gymnastics it might be in the genes. Grace can walk across the high beam with me holding her hands. At 19 months. With NO FEAR! It is so crazy. I guess that would serve me right for what I put my parents through with gymnastics if I went through it again on the other side.

Sadly, we have had some not so good things happen this week as well. My uncle passed away on Saturday. He has been sick for a while but got very bad very fast. My dad was up with him all night holding his hand and was with him when he passed. I can't imagine how hard that was for him. He was one of my dad's six younger siblings, only 55 years old. He left behind 4 children and two grandchildren. His memorial service is on Friday.

In addition, the bad economy has hit home for us as well. Adam is going to be laid off for a couple of months. Not the end of the world but tough being that we have to dip into our savings that we put aside for a down payment on our next house. Thank God we did save that money and still have our jobs though. So, if anyone needs a plumber give us a call!! Lol

Sometimes life throws things at you that make you put it all in perspective. Small hurdles make you realize how very blessed we are.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear about your uncle. I will be keeping you and your family in my prayers.

    This is such a hard time right now for so many with the economy. It's refreshing to hear your positive thoughts...I agree 100%!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great picture of the girls..... if Adam ends up needing anything to do.. I'm sure we would be willing to hire him for a few things! Lord knows we have enough projects that we will never actually do ourselves and just hire someone anyway! Might as well be him! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear of your loss and Adam's lay-off. I will be thinking of you guys!!

    ReplyDelete