Saturday, April 10, 2010

Pregnancy: Week 26

The babies are doing very well, it feels as if they grow every day. LeeAnn was able to get a measurement of baby B but A was not cooperating. Baby B was measuring a little small, 25 weeks, 1 day. She estimates her size at 1 lb 13 oz. Almost 2 pounds!! I ordered a belly bra today because pelvic floor pain and pressure continue to be an issue. I have to sit down like every 5 minutes and my walking pace is about that of a snail. It is a little bit frustrating being forced to take it easy so early but healthy babies are the goal!

Both babies are head down (woo hoo!). Baby B is on my left side but her toes are in my right rib. Baby A is on my right side and she has a foot directly under my belly button all the time. The skin is really thin there so I can pretty much feel her whole foot (see picture #4). Baby A's head is way down in my pelvis which explains some of the pressure I have been feeling. There is just a crazy jumble of limbs in there which you can see in picture # 3.  The coolest thing we saw was that baby A has hair!! (last picture).

 

The babies are the length of an English Hothouse Cucumber (very specific- heehee) this week. About 14 inches long and weighing a pound and 2/3.
 Here is the belly pic. Adam says it is getting out of control :)

5 comments:

  1. Yay for heads down. :) I hope they stay that way. I cannot believe how big your belly is! :) It's adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at that belly!! I still can't believe there are two in there. Almost to the third trimester (and finish line for that matter). Keep doing what your doing because you look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy to hear that the babies (and you!) are doing so much better. Can't wait to see them in just a few months!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jane...you look amazing (and those babies look incredible). Can't wait to meet these beautiful baby girls.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YOU LOOK AWESOME!!!! Holy crap though, the belly rocks! Can't wait to meet the babies soon and also hear the names ;-)

    ReplyDelete