Sunday, April 4, 2010

Pregnancy: 25 Weeks

I kinda feel like I am starting over with this pregnancy. I have no idea what to expect and what is normal because there are 2. It will be the same when these two little ones are here, pretty much a whole new ballgame. Being the Type A personality that I am this really gives me some anxiety sometimes. I have joked the whole time that this was God's little joke on me. You think you can control and plan everything? NOT . SO . MUCH. , lol :)

But my excitement is finally starting to override the fear. I know it is going to be hard but I am just so looking forward to meeting these 2 little ones. To see two carbon copies of each other, to see if they are blond or dark, blue eyes or brown, to see a relationship with each other like no other, to see how different and alike their personalities are.

We are still struggling with names. We have it narrowed down to 4! HA!! We just love them all so it is really hard to choose. I guess we can't go wrong that way. We have told a few people to get opinions but for the most part are going to keep them a secret until the girls are born. Something has to be a surprise!!

Beckie and Nicki are throwing me a baby shower. I feel guilty and a little weird about this being that these aren't my first babies but they are insisting with twins I need to have another one. It is going to be May 2nd at Duck Lake. I sent an email out to a few of my twin mommy friends to ask what I really need and really need 2 of with twins. I have registered for a few big things like another crib, double stroller, and video monitor. I also need all new bottles being that mine were hand me downs the first time around and aren't BPA free. I found a swing just like the one G loved on Craig's list for $50 so now I have 2. I am borrowing a high chair, infant car seat, and bouncer from Leslie, another bouncer from LeeAnn, a BebePOD Seat from Nicki, a double car seat stroller from Lina, and a crib mattress from Beckie or Nicki. LeeAnn and Nicole are sewing the baby bedding for me. What wonderful and generous friends I have!!

Now we just need to find a car to fit all these children and the crap that goes with them, lol. We have moved Adam's closet and our office to the basement. All the totes full of decorations and baby clothes that were in the basement are now in the attic (again, thanks to the help from friends). Bought paint on Saturday and we are ready to paint the nursery!

The babies are the size of a rutabago (what in the heck is that? haha). 1.5 lbs each and measuring 13.5 inches in height from head to heel.

2 comments:

  1. You deserve a shower girl! We need to gather and celebrate this MIRACLE! Identical twin baby girls do NOT come around very often! And... good lord, you need DOUBLE everything... so shower you we will. Looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw a rutebega at Meijer today and thought of you! For REAL- I did :) Those are some good sized suckers!

    ReplyDelete