Saturday, March 27, 2010

Pregnancy: 24 Weeks

The news this week was some lovely contractions on Thursday night. I woke up about 1 am with them and they were pretty uncomfortable (enough to keep me awake) and radiating down my legs. The radiating down my legs was what scared me, along with them being 5 minutes apart for an hour. I got up and sat in the lazy boy for a while and they got less intense and then less consistent. I thought for sure I was going to end up getting checked out in L&D.

I went to see Dr. P the next morning just to make sure everything was okay.  He ended up seeing me for a full appointment so I didn't have to go back the following Tuesday. He physically checked me and I was not dilated and no signs of preterm labor. HUGE sigh of relief. It really put my mind at ease. I am not sure how many pounds I gained but I think it was 2 or 3. I am measuring 32 weeks! Dr. P told me I have to keep in mind that everything I am feeling is what I would feel as a woman 32 weeks pregnant. I do forget that sometimes. That means at about 30-32 weeks I will be essentially carrying around a full term pregnancy. Yikes.

24 weeks is the first big milestone for twins. If they were born right now they most likely would be okay. They would have some serious NICU time and possibly long term developmental issues but they would probably be okay. Obviously we pray to God that they stay in as long as possible but I can breathe a teeny tiny sigh of relief I have taken care of them inside of there so far.

Baby A is still head down but Miss B is now head up. It will be interesting to see how much they switch. So far A has stayed pretty consistently head down. Keep it up baby!! LeeAnn did some measurements and she estimates that they each weigh 1lb 7oz right now. 

They are the size of an ear of corn, almost a foot long from head to heel and have gained almost a 1/4 pound since last week.

2 comments:

  1. Yay for milestones!! Keep it up, babies! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES....take a big *sigh*, I don't want those little peanuts to have to spend anytime in the NICU, for your sake as well! WOW, it's crazy how your measuring!

    ReplyDelete