Thursday, March 25, 2010

"What happens at the cottage...

....stays at the cottage".

Ahhhhhh, girlfriends. I am just so blessed and lucky to have found this group of girls. They "fill my bucket" hahahah- that was for you Nic.

This past weekend we held our annual girls weekend at Duck Lake. This turned out to be the perfect location/retreat for everyone. I did take some teasing about "holding out on them" in terms of access to this big, beautiful lake house but I took it like a champ like I ALWAYS do :) We had a big, long table with a lake view to do all our scrapbooking, we cooked our own meals, talked, laughed (a lot), enjoyed some spirits (except big preggo here), went out to dinner in EL, and just enjoyed being together.

Best friends a girl could ask for. The kind of friends that:

*can take it as well as they dish it out
*love to laugh and have FUN
*self deprecating and don't take themselves too seriously
*are always there to lend a helping hand and will move heaven and earth to do so
*aware of eachother strengths and weaknesses and embrace each of them
*aren't jealous or catty but rejoice together in happiness and grieve together in saddness
*know sometimes it sucks being a mommy but ultimately it is the best thing that ever happened to us
*can be our true, authentic selves (underwear or not, who's with me?) hahaha

And most importantly they laugh at my jokes and think I am kind of funny. I guess that makes up for the fact that they use me for my free gas and lake house.......

KIDDING!!

This is really a rare thing and I hope each one of you know how much you mean to me. Now, if you would like to read more about the weekend head over to these blogs:

Katie's Bullet Point list

Nicole's Recap

Leslie's Top 10

LeeAnn's Ladies Night

Jessica's Girls Weekend

3 comments:

  1. Such a great weekend! :) Cannot wait to do it again.

    Here's to our crazy group of girlies that I could never do w/out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY for girls weekends!! Love the post, I agree, we're all lucky to have each other! :)

    ReplyDelete