Thursday, March 25, 2010

Maelyn Erin McDonald

One of my best friends Meredith gave birth to a sweet baby girl last Thursday. Adam and I drove 2.5 hours after work to see her and got home at 3 in the morning but I am so glad I was there.

There is just just something about births. Each and every one is an absolute miracle and I am so glad I got to be a little part of this one. On my way home from work I was talking to Nicole about going to see Meredith that night. She told me to bring my camera and try to get some pictures. I am no Nicole Barczak but I gave it my best shot.

I have always loved telling a story. That is why I love to take pictures, scrapbook, and blog. I love to tell the story with pictures. Photojournalism was my thing before I even knew it was a thing. I absolutely treasure the pictures that were taken on the day Grace was born. They may not be perfect and they aren't that many but they capture such an amazing moment in life. People talk about the death bed, what about the birthing bed? Relationships are solidified, things are said that will never be forgotten, and lives are changed forever.

To my surprise we were met at the door by Mike who said Mere was dilated to a 10 and ready to push. Even more surprising Mere wanted us to come in for a minute. She had received an epidural but it was wearing off and she was feeling some pretty major pain and pressure. We were sent to the hall while she pushed but got to come back in as soon as Miss Maelyn Erin entered the world.

Here is a few of my favorites and a link to a slideshow at my phanfare sight. Click on "Start Slideshow" to view a full screen slide show of her birth.

4 comments:

  1. I especially like the one where Mack is looking over Mike's shoulder -- that is a great moment caught.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jane, these are priceless! What a wonderful best friend you are to Mere! Like you've said, pictures tell an incredible story...it is so awesome you were able to capture the first chapter in Maelyn's story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jane, ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL. LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jane I love the slide show! I started to cry when I saw all of the pics. I am soo lucky to have such a creative talented friend. I know that I probably never would have created a slide show like that since I lack the creative gene so I am so happy that I have something like this to look back on. You are the best!!! I posted as anonymous since I don't have a website but this is Mere.

    ReplyDelete