Saturday, July 3, 2010

Hospital Daze

Our days in the hospital were pretty much a blur. The girls were very fussy the night they were born and I am not sure why. The nurses did take them at one point during the night but I could hear them crying down the hall and it kept me from getting any decent sleep. I also feels as if my organs are still kind of settling into my body again after being all squished so I am still physically a little uncomfortable (but waaaayyyyy better than when they were inside of me, lol).

Both babies nursed well right out of the the gate and then Jillian decided she forgot how to latch on. Lyla promptly followed the next day. I ended up trying to nurse them every couple hours and then when they wouldn't latch on syringe feeding them colostrum I pumped. This was a very tedious process and Adam and I were pretty much delirious with exhaustion. I think that we got maybe 6 hours of sleep the whole time we were in the hospital?

Given all of that I still can't believe my baby girls are finally here. They are so tiny and perfect. I just can't stop snuggling them and staring at them in amazement.

No comments:

Post a Comment