Sunday, March 25, 2012

Goofy Girls

I cant believe my sweet little twinsies are not "babies" as we always refer to them but toddlers. These 2 are a force to be reckoned with. They do everything to the max.

They eat to the max

Sleep to the max

Play to the max

Get dirty to the max

Fight to the max

LOVE to the max

It seems their motto is go big or go home. They make me laugh. Oh how they make me laugh. My dad says that I think they are the funniest and I really do. They just make me smile and make my heart full. This only encourages their antics but oh well :)

They never stop unless they are sleeping. They are on the move, climbing, exploring, running... But then they will slow down for a minute and want a snuggle. A quick hug or squeeze and they are off again. They love their big sister the best and think she is just the coolest. in fact they love her so much they are always getting into her stuff, destroying her art work, and generally being little nuisances. She is so patient with them though, it was like she was made to be their big sister.


Their relationship with each other is amazing. They fight like cats and dogs. Lyla is forever taking from Jilli and Jilli is (understandably so) always on the defense. It is hard to make any clear judgements yet but I think they may have some of mommy's "bull dog-ness" (as my brother puts it).

Then the next moment they are holding hands, hugging, or rubbing each other's back. The most incredible thing they do is touch foreheads. They have done it since they were newborns.

I believe it is twinspeak for "I love you".


It's amazing how you can speak right to my heart
Without saying a word, you can light up the dark
Try as I may, I could never explain
What I hear when you don't say a thing


The smile on your face lets me know that you need me
There's a truth in your eyes sayin' you'll never leave me
The touch of your hand says you'll catch me if ever I fall
You say it best when you say nothing at all


-Allison Krauss "When You Say Nothing At All"

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful post. These pictures just made me smile too! I love the ones with Grace and each of the girls. Precious. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love that song... gives me chills (and SO SO SO perfect for the twinnies!). What an amazing bond you get to watch develop and grow!

    (And... you're not alone in calling them babies. I am pretty sure we were still calling Hudson "the baby" until he was beyond 2. How sad is that???)

    ReplyDelete