Sunday, August 17, 2008

Just Another Day in Paradise

Ahhh, the weekend update. Busy as usual. Friday night we had Drew, Steph, and Grant over for pizza. We always have a good time with them and it was great sitting out on the deck and catching up.

Adam had a golf outing on Saturday and my mom took the opportunity to go shopping in Ann Arbor. Got some great deals, these shoes (in brown)for me and pink and brown baby Puma's for Grace. I also got a few tops from Von Maur and Old Navy for myself, pjs and a shirt for Grace from Old Navy. Old Navy is having this Stuff and Save thing where you get 20% off of everything you can stuff in a bag. I also bought four books! They were buy one get one half off at Borders. I have started reading a lot again and can't wait to start "90 Minutes in Heaven", "The summer of Naked Swim Parties", "Island of the Lost Girls", and "Love Walked In". What is on your summer reading list? I just finished "My Best Friend's Girl" and "The Year of Fog" when I was on vacation and they were both great. I am currently reading "Body Surfing" by Anita Shreve and it is a real page turner. I was so engrossed I was reading in the car today which makes me really car sick.

Last night we headed to the lake. we were planning on putting Grace to bed and going to a bonfire at Dave and Sadie's but little miss crazy pants had different ideas. She would not go to bed and we finally just let her stay up until about 9:30 in which she was a social butterfly and entertained Aunt Sally, Uncle Jim, GG's, Grandma, Grandpa, and Alexis with her antics. I really think she just didn't want to miss anything. It was a perfect day out there today, sunny and not too hot. We enjoyed being with family and had a wonderful meal.

And now, the dreaded Sunday night. I have so. much. work. to do. Ugh.... I am obviously getting a whole lot of nothing done right now and using this blog as my chance to procrastinate. Hope you all had a great weekend too and here is to a positive and productive Monday :)

5 comments:

  1. I loved "My Best Friend's Girl." Just finished it! Thanks for passing it on! Now I'm reading "I Hope They Serve Beer In Hell." Laughed in bed for a while... Scott loves it when I do that, especially when he's trying to sleep! Not sure I have any new books at home I haven't read after I finish the one I'm on. Gotta get to the book store soon! Glad you had a great day at the lake! It was gorgeous that's for sure. Funny... Scott golfed yesterday too... and we spent the day with my dad at the pool. Not quite the lake, but our weekends were similar! Hope you got your work done.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there -- since you're a mom and you like Anita Shreve you may like my debut novel, STANDING STILL.
    It's about a woman who trades her life for her daughter's mid-kidnapping. Not a thriller, but a meditation on motherhood and marriage ala The Pilot's Wife. Thanks for listening and keep reading! Kelly Simmons bykellysimmons.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's funny that Grace wanted to stay up late so you missed the bonfire! What is it with our G's and their sleep lately? You missed nothing at the bonfire. We only stayed for a half hour. The only other people that showed up besides us were Danielle P. from your class and her husband. We ended up just watching Michael Phelps get the gold inside with Dave and then we came home. Really, really low key. No one could come!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm reading My Best Friend's Girl right now! I need to get back into it though, havent picked it up in about a week! I'm emailing your post to myself, you've got some good books i need to put on my list to read! :)
    Cute shoes too!

    ReplyDelete