Tuesday, March 4, 2008

7 Months

Grace is 7 months old today. Here are a few things that sum her up right now:
  • she is babbling like crazy. Her favorite words are "Ba", "Ah-Wah", and "Wah". She also enjoys screaming and squealing. Usually goes something like this: "Ah-wha, wha, wha, wha, wah.....mmmm BA! Ba, Ah-Wha, Wha. " You repeat these sounds and she thinks she is having a conversation with you.
  • She weighed 17 lbs 2 oz at her 6 month check up. Adam weighed her yesterday on our scale at home and she was 18 lbs.
  • She's been sitting up on her own for about 2 months and rarely topples over anymore.
  • No sign of teeth and when you put her on her tummy she wiggles for a bit then just puts her head down
  • We are just about ready to move her to her convertible car seat.
  • She has a stuffed dog at my mom's house that she enjoys sucking on the ear of, she loves her George doll and stuffed Dooley at home.
  • She hates to lay down, EVER (unless she's sleeping). Changing her diaper has become quite the wresting match.
  • She just figured out that she has these really cool things on the end of her arms called hands and she puts her hand up in the air and stares at it in fascination. Adam thinks she is waving.
  • I am officially done breastfeeding as of two days ago. The transition has been a lot harder on me than her. I had no idea that I would end up enjoying it so much and that it would become our special time. BUT I am glad to finally have all of my body back after having another human live off of it for the last 16 months. My days of pumping in the car are thankfully behind me as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment