Sunday, April 27, 2008

Summer and Randomness

Is Randomness even a word? I just turned the page on my calender that hangs on the wall in the office to May. Pretty much every weekend is filled already! A Derby / Cinco de Mayo Party on the 3rd, Scrapbooking, my B-day, Mothers Day, and a Tigers Game the weekend of the 10th, a wedding on the 17th, another wedding Memorial Day weekend (in NY) and there goes May! What the heck?!

In other news, we finally bought a DSLR camera. I have been researching for over three months and I picked up the Canon Rebel Xsi on Wednesday. I got a pretty good bonus check a week ago and it is my Mothers Day/Birthday present (which happens to be on the same day this year). I have no idea how to fully use it but I have had fun playing with it so far. Any tips from the DSLR owners out there for a newbie?

Stephanie's baby shower was yesterday. She got lots of good stuff, as I am sure she will post about as soon as she gets the pics. Everyone couldn't get over what a good baby Grace is and how cute she looked in her little dress. She is getting quite the personality and people are saying that she is starting to look more like me. Finally, I get some credit- LOL! She was motoring around in her walker this morning trying to open the refrigerator, the trash cupboard, and get in my purse. We are going to have quite the one woman wrecking crew when she starts walking!

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on your SLR!!! They are the best, you will be amazed with the quality difference in your photos! One book that I recommend is the Digital Photography Book, Volume 1, by Scott Kelby. It's VERY easy reading... no long boring, wordy chapters. Just the must know basics in laymans terms. I found it to be VERY helpful when I was getting to know my 1st SLR! Again congrats! So much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, everyone at the shower LOVED Grace! When you guys left, my family were all talking about how cute she is. I love the new look of your blog too, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh on the tips for the SLR.. I just bought the Canon Rebel in january and im still on automatic! HAH! I'd like to find time to learn all the manual functions but haven't yet. I'm thinking Nicole needs to find time to teach a class or two!

    ReplyDelete