Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Does this baby look sick to you?


I took Grace to the doctor today because she has been running a temp and coughing for a few days. She had a temp of 103 last Friday but I had Mere (my friend who is a PA) check her out and her ears looked fine and her lungs were clear. I took her to the pediatrician today sure they were going to tell me is was a virus and to give her some Tylenol. Turns out she has a double ear infection and a very red sore throat. Poor baby, she has been acting pretty normal: a dry cough, runny nose, and a little clingier than usual but otherwise very happy. We are so lucky she is such a little ray of sunshine. Unfortunately that means it's hard to tell when something is wrong. It kills me that she has been suffering with this for a few days and I waited to go to the doctor.
In other news, Luke, my nephew, was in the hospital last night with the crud, my brother is passing a kidney stone, and my Grandpa had his 3rd artificial hip put in. It has been a crazy week so I have been MIA for a while. I had a great weekend. I went out to dinner with Scott and Nicki and we had way too much fun. We don't get out much so we kind of get out of hand when we do. You are right, Nicki, next time we are for sure riding the bull! On Saturday we went to Big Ten Gymnastics meet. State did pretty good, they ended up getting fourth. I got to see a couple of old teammates and we went out to dinner which is always fun.
So hopefully things have calmed down and I will do a better job of keeping up with the blog!

4 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear Grace wasn't feeling well. It's no fun when they get sick. Glad to hear everyone is on the upswing of everything. Hope the rest of your week improves!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, poor Grace! I hope she recovers soon. And the rest of your family too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope Grace is feeling better.

    Sorry to hear about your family members. Hope all is well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww...sorry your little one is sick. But, I had to laugh because Donnie has had double ear infections and strep throat, but acted like himself, for the most part, except of course the 102 temp. he carried!! Crazy how some little ones have such a high tolerance for pain & sickness...I'm such a wimp when I'm sick:)LOL!

    ReplyDelete