Sunday, May 11, 2008

My Very Special Day


Today is my birthday. Today is also my first Mother's Day. How cool is that? I was born on Mother's Day and every so often it happens that my birthday is on Mother's Day again. I think it is pretty special that the circle of life continues with me celebrating being a mom for the first time on the day that I was born. My mom still says I was the best Mother's Day gift she ever got.

We have had the mother of all weekends. Friday I went scrapbooking. I had to work late so I only got about 5 hours in and I think I got three pages done. I just haven't had the time to print out the pictures so I just kind of felt disorganized and didn't get much accomplished. Oh well, I enjoy getting out with girls and hanging out mostly.

Saturday, in the annual tradition, I celebrated my birthday with Mere. Meredith's birthday is on the 10th so we always try to do something together. Last year was Disney to visit Lori 7 months preggo. This year we went to the Tigers game with a pretty big group. We had standing room only tickets and we all drank ourselves silly and had a good 'ol time. Lori came up from Indy and stayed with me last night and it was really good to see her too.

Today we had a BBQ with family. We had about 14 people in our little house because it was really crappy outside. It was fun anyway (and a little chaotic). I got lots of nice cards, a Coach wristlet, money, and a camera bag. Grace was an absolute angel and had fun watching her crazy cousins.

As I sit here writing this I am thinking that I might hit bed at about 8:30 tonight. I need to take a vacation day to recover from my weekend!!

Happy Mother's Day!

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday and Happy Mother's Day! I think its very neat that your first mother's day is also on your birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! Sounds like you had a perfect day! The story of mother's day and your mom and now Grace is so cool. Did you get your e-greeting?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Jane. I've enjoyed reading about your adventures with your little one. Sounds like things are going very well for you and your family. Take care.

    ReplyDelete