Sunday, June 1, 2008

NYC Sunday May 25

Auntie Mere and Grace on her first train ride, the Long Island Railroad to Penn Station in NYC!
After we dragged all of our luggage through town we dropped it at our hotel, the Grand Hyatt New York, which is located near Grand Central Station and the Chrysler Building (which you can see in the background).
We then walked the short distance to Rockefeller Center where we had a wonderful lunch at an open air restaurant. This is where the Today Show is.
Grace was not impressed......She wasn't feeling the stroller so I strapped her in the Baby Hawk Carrier and off we went!She actually fell asleep in the middle of Times Square. She slept for over an hour on my back at the most exciting place in NYC!We were really tired after that so we went to Ben and Jerry's for some ice cream. It is Mere and I's goal to go to every Ben and Jerry's around the globe. So far we have made it to Washington DC, California, Florida, Michigan, London, Paris, and Dublin. This is our second time to the NYC one. Hey, it's good to have goals!This was Adam's first time to NYC and I was so excited for him to see everything. But, we only had one day and you can't even begin to experience NYC in that amount of time. We will have to go back without a 10 month old and stay for a week. Someday....
We did end up getting tickets for a Broadway Show that night. While my dad stayed at the hotel with Grace Adam, my mom, and I went to see Spamalot. It was sooooo good- and hilarious! We met up with Ann, Luann, Carly, Matt, and Chet who were seeing the show as well. What are the odds that family would be in town that same weekend!
The next morning Adam, Grace, and I had breakfast at Bryant Park. It is next to the library and it was relaxing and beautiful. We didn't want to go home!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you guys had a great time! How do you like your Baby Hawk? I ended up getting a Hotsling which I like a lot (but haven't been able to use b/c the whole milk engorment deal) but hope to use a bit more soon. I might have to get a Baby Hawk for when H is older.

    ReplyDelete