Saturday, January 23, 2010

Pregnancy: Week 15

BOYS OR GIRLS??

It has been a good week. I am finally starting to feel a little better. At my doctors appointment on Tuesday I was up 4 pounds!! In a week!!! Dr. P would like to keep the PICC line with TPN for at least another week. I was like, dude, I have gained 4 pounds in a week what else do you want. I am still not eating enough though and according to him "I have some catching up to do". Maybe next week I will get rid of this stupid thing.

I am measuring almost 20 weeks. 20 weeks!!! My uterus is almost up to my belly button. Dr. P told me a week ago it is normal to measure about 4 weeks ahead for twins. This would be almost 6 weeks ahead. I commented on this and he said that it was normal. I am in such trouble, 5 months to go and only so far up for that uterus to go....

The big question this week was boys or girls. I thought they were girls up until about 10 weeks and then I decided they were boys from then on. I figured I had this weird feeling that they were twins so I was probably right about their gender too. I was totally stressing over boys names.

My gender poll was split pretty much 50-50 between blog readers.

We went in on Friday night with Grace for LeeAnn to take a look at those baby private parts. We told Grace she was going to see the babies on a TV screen. She wasn't really impressed. I think she thought we were going to see actual babies.

So the results are in and the twins are.........



2 more girls!! Mama is wrong again, lol. We are thrilled with two more girls and just feel so incredibly blessed. I believe this is Baby B showing us her parts. She is laying down head away from us, that is her butt on the bottom with her legs up in the air.







The babies are the size of apples this week and have grown a whole ounce and now weigh 2.5 ounces! They are about 4 inches long from head to bottom.


8 comments:

  1. How exciting Jane! I'm just thrilled for you & way to go on the weight gain (I know, crazy to be cheering weight gain huh? But those little ones need it). Glad to hear you are feeling a bit better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi- I read your blog ever so often. I'm a friend of Leslie's. Just wanted to say congrats on your twin girls...how fun!! And your little Grace is just the cutest thing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo...3 girls!!!! You know I'm happy about that! :) So glad you're starting to feel a little better...what a road it's been. Chin up, girl! You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great ultrasound pics! I love the one where they are stacked up on top of each other! That is some comfortable sleeping arrangements right there.
    Congrats again on the trio of girls.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The ultrasound pics are so beautiful! You are indeed very blessed and I couldn't be happier for you. You dederve it, Chica. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. *deserve* (Spelling was never my best subject!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! Having a house full of little girls will be so much fun.

    ReplyDelete