Saturday, January 30, 2010

Pregnancy: Week 16

I am starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Thank. The. Good. Lord. This week has been pretty darn good. I was up another 3 pounds at my doctors appontment. I tried to convince him that I didn't need the PICC linre and TPN anymore but he doesn't think I am eating enough yet. He is probably right and I am feeling so much better that I really think the TPN is helping. I asked how much weight I had to gain and he said its not about weight gain but caloric intake. Apparently an apple does not count as a meal.

The babies look great. They are the size of an avocado this week. They are 4.5 inches from head to bottom and weigh about 3.5 ounces.
Here is a sneak peak of them in utero... it is getting hard to fit them both on the ultrasound screen.
Baby A is head up and on my right side. Baby B is head down and on my left side. Baby A is the mover and shaker and gives Dr. P a heck of a time when he is trying to locate both heatbeats on the doppler. Baby B's heart is always easy to locate and she waits patiently while we wrestle with her sister. A glimse at their personalities perhaps??

No comments:

Post a Comment