Monday, February 22, 2010

So I Don't Forget

Really, my 2 year old is just the funniest girl. She cracks me up:

She spontaneously tells me she loves me now. Melt. My. Heart. She follows it up with I love daddy too....and Lukie, and nana, and papa...the list goes on and on.

Time is related in naps for her. When I try to explain something in the future she says, after I take a nap?

She can count to 14, always forgets the 4 though.

She likes to sing "Ring Around the Rosie, pocket full of posies, ASSES ASSES, we all fall down." hahahaha

When I swear in the car she always says, "What you say mama?" When I tell her I said a bad word and mommy shouldn't say that she says, "Mama say a bad word". So far my bad habit has not been immitated.

The child is in love with her daddy. Whenever he isn't around she asks where he went and depending on the answer heartbroken tears can follow. When I ask her what we do all day she says we go to work. When I ask her what daddy does she says that he builds things. When I ask her what she does while we work she says play in the snow and play "Play-doh". Hmmm, must be nice.

She is my shopping buddy. She loves to go to any store for any reason. She doesn't like to sit in the cart anymore but is usually pretty good about staying close to me.

I had to go to the bathroom at Target the other day and I brought her in the stall with me. She says out loud in her toddler voice, "You go pee pee mama?" I answered yes. She looks in the toilet and says, "You go pee pee and poo poo mama". Thank you for announcing that. She then says, "You wipe your butt mama?" At this point the lady in the stall next to me couldn't hold it in anymore and started giggling. Good Lord.

Everything can be made better with a bandaid and a kiss. I love this. I hope it still works when she is 16.

4 comments:

  1. How cute!! Aren't the "I Love You"s priceless? LOVE it when that happens. When they start to say, "I don't love you, Mommy"... not so cool.

    My son measures time in "night-nights". "Mommy, what are we gonna do after 3 night-nights?" A little annoying when he wants to know what happens after 16 night-nights. :)

    Gotta love the public bathroom stuff. It's great when they applaud you for going. My daughter claps and says, "Good job, Mommy!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great Jane! You'll have to save some of these for scrapbooking too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable! I love how my 4 year old always asks me a question and then anwsers it in the same breath with what she wants to hear! Super cute!

    ReplyDelete