Sunday, February 21, 2010

Spartans Forever

This was are annual MSU Gymnastic alumni weekend. I look forward to this every year because while we don't see each other often these girls are like sisters to me. Adam was out of town snowboarding so G and I went up on a Friday and went to dinner with some of the girls. We stayed the night together in a big hotel room suite and stayed up late talking and catching up. G fit right in the "the girls".

Grace loves watching "nastics" as she calls it. She was so exhausted from her late night with the girls though that she fell asleep in my lap during the meet. I can't remember the last time she did that!

Our coach always makes us all go out on the floor after the meet and introduce ourselves, what years we were on the team, and what we are up to now. Such different paths but so cool to meet families and hear all the successes.

Saturday night after the meet was another dinner followed by a party at the assistant coaches house. I sent an exhausted little one home with my dad. She was such a trooper and a good girl for me all weekend.

It is becoming somewhat of a tradition to have a baby shower during this weekend of parties too. Lori and I threw Mere a shower on Sunday. It was awesome that all of us girls that are so far away from each other could come together and celebrate Mere's first little one. Mere is due in March and she is just beautiful. 36 weeks pregnant and all belly!! I can't wait to meet her little lady and share in the wonder of motherhood with her. We even got a belly pic together. A long way from our our crazy days on campus, huh Mere? Knocked up and the only thing we were going on a binge for on Grand River was ice cream :)

1 comment:

  1. Tell Meredith hello and congrats from me! It must be baby time for us study abroad girls. Donna just had a baby in January and I am 13 weeks pregnant with my second.
    -Emily (Odell) Kinsella

    ReplyDelete