Wednesday, February 18, 2009

The Pukes

I walked into Grace's room yesterday morning and was greeted by the pungent odor of puke. I look at my child and she is standing in her crib with chunks in her hair, on her blankie, all over her jammies, and in her bed.

I just stood there like and idiot and didn't know what to do. I totally had one of those "I don't know what to do" parenting moments. Usually I am pretty good, I spring into action and take it all in stride. But it was so overwhelming- what to do, where to start? Ever have one of those moments?

Anyway, I put her in the bath and she was perfectly fine the rest of the day besides being really tired. What a trooper. The weird part is that I heard her cough ONCE at 5 am that night and didn't hear a peep after that. The only thing I can figure is that she did it in her sleep. She had filled her diaper numerous times the previous day so she had the dreaded stomach bug.

I love these pictures of when I put her in the bath (gotta capture every first- even the first pukes- lol!) because even when she is sick she is my sunshine.

5 comments:

  1. Those are always fun times, been there a few times with Aiden. I've had my share of "I don't know what to do" moments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She really is such an adorable little girl!
    Even after the pukes :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear God she is so adorable! Her hair looks so long and she is looking so old!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even though she had the pukes, she is still smiling! Cute pictures!

    Hope that Grace is feeling all better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable pic's. Puking is the worst, isn't it? Poor Grace. Hope she is feeling back to normal.

    ReplyDelete