Sunday, February 22, 2009

Shanty Creek: Top 10 List

Adam surprised me with a trip to snowboard and ski for the weekend for just the two of us. I thought I would break it down "Top 10" style.

Top 10 Reasons We Enjoyed Shanty Creek:

#10. Two in a half days to talk to each other without a 18 month interrupting. "Hi, I'm Jane, whats new with you in the last year in a half?"- lol
#9. Two words. Room service. Why is room service so wonderful? Delivery of food to your bed. What could be better.
#8 Short's Pub. This was a brewery where we sampled chocolate, fruity, s'more, clove, and snow wheat beer. Along with a fabulous cream cheese garlic and artichoke appetizer.

#7. Nowhere we HAD to go. Nothing we HAD to do. 'Nuff said.
#6. Being proud of myself. After having a baby and not skiing for over two years I was able to pick up where I left off. I have to admit I was a little worried...
#5 Laughing so hard with my husband that he asked me if I peed my pants. We had a few spills and crashes on the hill that were pretty funny.
#4. Sleeping in. Aaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. So nice.

#3. Our in room jacuzzi. I was in this thing three times a day.

#2. The ski hill being right outside out room. The lift was right there. Ski in...ski out
and the #1 reason.........................

#1. Falling in love with each other just a little more....................... :)

5 comments:

  1. So glad you and Adam got to take a trip for just the both of you! We need to do something like that too. Looks like a great place as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THe artichoke dip sounds delish! What a wonderful room you guys had. It sounds like you had a great time. It's always nice to get away without the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a fun time! Its nice that you and adam were able to spend a weekend alone and relax!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! I'm glad you guys take time out of your busy schedules for just the two of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great post! I loved the last line. Glad you two got away together.

    ReplyDelete