Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Big Girl Room

This has been a work in progress to say the least. We transitioned G to a big girl bed in January. Adam built the bed himself and she absolutely loves it (I think because daddy built it). We wanted to make sure we were putting her in a big girl room well before the babies were born so she didn't feel displaced. I decided I was going to make her a quilt in January as well. Good idea when you are being fed intravenously and in and out of the hospital. Yeah, not so much. I managed to get the top done but it has been sitting unfinished for 5 months!! Well, it was now or never because it sure as heck wasn't going to get done after these babies come. My mom (who also has zero quilting experience) spent hours and hours finishing it and I love how it turned out. Thank you Nana!! Adam also built her a bookshelf so she can see the covers of all her books and I covered the letters that were above her crib with coordinating fabric from the quilt.

Project "Big Girl Room" finally complete. :)

Next up....pics of the twin's nursery. It is almost done.

7 comments:

  1. I'm so impressed with your's and Adam's skill. The quilt is beautiful and I love the bookcase - I might have to commission Jesse to make Risa & Tali one of those. Can't wait to see the twin's room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! Love how the letters tie into the quilt!! That is amazing that Adam can just bust out a bed and bookshelf like it is nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so cute..... and that's so funny... cuz I have been looking for a bookshelf like that for Luke's room too.... been trying to avoid paying $200 for the one I really like at Land of Nod...... ;-) I don't have an Adam...... you are a very lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi! I've been reading your blog and I can't help but comment on your beautiful photos! They are so lovely. I would like to post one of your photo on my blog. Please let me know if it's okay. I'll place a link from my blog to your blog if you permit. thanks. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, it really is a beautiful room.. the colors and design!
    fantastic :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. love her room! the quilt rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful!! Such a lovely room for little Grace! :)

    ReplyDelete