Saturday, June 19, 2010

Pregnancy: Week 36

Still pregnant. UGH. I know I should be glad these little ones are going to be good and cooked but good God I am miserable. Saw the doc Thursday morning. Measuring 47 weeks pregnant (that is full term plus 7 weeks for a singleton!!). He said he would check me if I wanted him to just to see what was going on. I was long, thick and dilated 1 cm. Same as a month ago. Double UGH. He said he would induce me next Friday IF when he checked me at my appointment on Wednesday my body was showing signs of being ready for labor. So, fingers crossed for Friday (if not before)!!! I understand his reasoning: if he induces me before my body is ready it increases my chances of ending up with a C-section. That doesn't make it any easier.

Thursday night we made a little practice run to labor and delivery. I was having contractions about 2-4 minutes apart for about 3 hours. They ended up holding me there for a few hours with no change in my cervix so they sent me home. I forgot what real contractions feel like! Yikes!! I felt them in my back too which makes me worry that I am going to have back labor this time. They stopped about 10 am the next day.

Friday night we spent some time at Crowley's pool. This was just what I needed. After a miserable night and day I felt renewed and refreshed. We lost power that night. Good times when your nine months pregnant so we packed up and headed to my (air conditioned) parents house.

Saturday night I visited LeeAnn for what I hope was my last ultrasound. She estimated that each baby weighs about 5.5 lbs (give or take a pound). We discovered that Baby A is face up which could make pushing her out a bit more difficult. But, their fluid levels, cords, placenta, and practice breathing all looked great. Helps me breathe a little easier until my non-stress test next Wednesday.

The babies at 36 weeks are almost 6 pounds on average and still packing on the pounds at a rate of about an ounce a day, comparable to a Crenshaw Melon in size. (Length: more than 18 1/2 inches, head to heel.)
And a picture of the belly. Notice that it is hanging out the bottom of my shirt. Sexy :)

3 comments:

  1. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers! The finish line is so close now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really do still look cute. I promise! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You rock. I do have to say it looks mighty uncomfortable...on the great side you don't look like you've gained much weight, yay!

    ReplyDelete