Saturday, June 5, 2010

Pregnancy: Week 34

Measuring 43 weeks pregnant this week. Spent 5 hours in labor and delivery on Wednesday for my non-stress test. The girls were a little hyped up. They were tachycardic with heartbeats running in the 180-190 range when they are usually about 150-160. They started an IV thinking I was dehydrated. Baby A's heart rate came down a bit but B's stayed up. So off to ultrasound I went for a biophysical profile of each baby. After an hour long ultrasound, both babies passed. Back up to labor and delivery I went where my contractions were about 10 minutes apart. They decided to do a preterm labor test and check my cervix and both were negative. So, FINALLY, I got to go home.

Here is a few pics of the babes:
Baby A was measuring 5lbs 3oz and Baby B 4lbs 5oz. There is about a 17% size difference right now, anything over 20% is a concern.

The babies have bulked up like the average cantaloupe -- average weight about 4 3/4 pounds. (Length: almost 18 inches, head to heel.)

And, the belly...

6 comments:

  1. Oh Jane! I just thought of the last time I shopped produce at Wegmans and picked up two melons and then I cringed for you! I can't believe the babies are already 5lbs ish! It is amazing! Great Job! Can't wait to see them when we were home at the end of the month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless your heart- I mean belly :) Dare I ask for a picture???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Forgot to post one!! Just did it...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woohoo you rock! Once you're normal again I bet it will be so wierd to think your belly stuck out like that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you look amazing! I looked bigger than that and I only had 1 monster at a time... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jane...you are all belly! you look great! I like the curly hair! is that due to pregnancy or your styling talents? I wish you comfort over the next few weeks and a safe delivery. Can't wait to see those girls. I can't believe Laura's triplet girls are approaching a year old...time will go by fast! Enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete