Monday, June 21, 2010

Father's Day

Surprisingly, we have been lucky enough to spend quite a bit of time at the lake so far this summer. We spent both Saturday and Father's Day out there. I got up and made Adam breakfast and let him sleep in a little on Sunday. And let me tell you, it my current state, that takes quite a bit of effort :) Grace colored him a card and gave him a t-shirt that says, "Real Men Make Twins". Adam has been my rock this entire pregnancy. I could not have done it without him. He basically was a single dad when I was so sick with the hyperemesis. He has made countless trips to the ER and hospital in the middle of the night with me. He takes Grace to the park, or the store, or the lake, so I can rest. The result of all this is that it has not only has it strengthened the bond between daddy and daughter but Grace just worships her daddy.  If anyone deserves the award of Super Dad this year, it's him. I am so blessed to have him as my partner and father of my children on this crazy journey we call life.

Speaking of Miss G, she is not afraid of the water at all!! I guess I shouldn't be surprised being that she has grown up around it but it still impresses me. She gets in and out all by herself and doesn't want any help when "swimming" in the water. At the pool on Friday she was swimming around like a little fish with her water wings on.

Some pics from our weekend. (and Duh- should have got one of Grace and daddy. The babies are sucking my brain cells)

No comments:

Post a Comment