Tuesday, December 16, 2008

'O Christmas Tree

We went to Glei's with my family this past weekend to pick up our Christmas tree. I remember last year Grace slept in her car seat the whole time so it was fun to have her be a little more of a part of it.
Boomer and Papa. Grace and him are really becoming good buds. She calls him "Bookie" and is sad when he is not at my mom and dad's when she is. They are also starting to get in trouble together. I have a feeling Grace is going to be the instigator and Luke the brawn. This kid is a tank!!!
We are standing in front of what can only be described as a "Christmas bush". It was the ugliest thing you have ever seen. My mom wasn't there and we briefly considered buying it and setting it up in her house just to see her flip out on my dad. Totally would have been worth the $26.
Grace considering the fact that there is a tree in her house and what that is all about. She helped decorate it and so far has been pretty good about not touching the ornaments. We decided no glass balls this year after she took two out of the box and banged them together sending glass shards everywhere.
Matt's new puppy Bo. He may look cute but is thinking about eating our tree..................I am looking for an ornament to give to Grace this year. I would love to find a black sheep because she loves the "Ba Ba Black Sheep" song and sings it all the time. If anyone finds one let me know. I want something that captures who she is right now and I know that memory will always make me smile.
What special ornament are you looking for this year?



7 comments:

  1. holy crappers, her boots are so cute!!! I love her whole outerwear ensemble, actually!

    As for the ornament, Jamie bought us a baby's first christmas one. I love it enough to make that his special ornament this year. Plus, it's special that it's from a friend. I want to get him an ornament each year too. That is a cute idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, she is getting so big... and cute! I buy an ornament for Aiden every year, I go to Hallmark at the mall they have a huge selection. If your going to find a black sheep that would be the place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brook and I have decided to buy a new ornament every year to capture what is going on in our lives, as well. So, this year, we wanted and "engaged" ornament. Those are HARD to find! Well, there is a stand in the middle of the Rivertown Crossing Mall that has TONS of ornaments. We ended up finding this tacky looking ornamenet, the shape of an engagement ring. It was WAY overpriced for the quality, but they did personalize it for us. If I find a black sheep there, I'll let you know. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't usually buy ornaments b/c my mom likes to. It's kind of her thing. Oh, and Aunt Em & Uncle Bobby buy Reyna one, too.

    Love the bushy tree. It would have been funny as a joke. :)

    Glad to see you found your perfect tree.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kohl's usually has a pretty good selection of ornaments. I bought Keelin's "special" ornament there a few days ago (and they were pretty picked over though.) I bought her the "Finding Nemo" ornament. She loves Dory! Dory is not on the ornament but it was the best I could do.
    Good luck with the Black Sheep!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ornament(s)?? Good idea, I need to go buy one for Nolan & Donnie, well actually Donnie needs (3)...sssshh! Don't tell him! He won't know, right?;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute pics! Your tree looks great!

    ReplyDelete