Sunday, May 31, 2009

The Poop Chronicles

Ah, the joys of parenthood.

This morning Adam and I had to manually extract poop out of Grace. She was in such pain, the poor little thing, and just couldn't get it out. We have glycerin suppositories but she was so stopped up that wasn't going to work. I tried a Q-tip, no luck. Then Adam (Mr. I Don't Do Poop) swoops in and pushes it out by pressing around her you-know-what and out pop two boulders. Meanwhile we are late for church. I am sure God understands. Everyone always turns around and looks at you when you walk into church late. I wanted to be like, "Look people I had to pull crap out of my kids a$$ so give me a break".

Round 2. This evening she starts crying in the bath and wants to get out. She loves her bath and it was definitely a pain cry. So I pull her out and stand her on the rug and out pop two more boulders. Adam yells "Its on the rug! Get her on the table!!" Meanwhile Sydney (our dog) eats one of the poops. Fantastic.

Starting and ending my day with poop.

8 comments:

  1. OMG! Too funny. Poor Grace...pooping boulders always sucks...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Jane, I'm so sorry. It's not the easiest situation for a Mommy.

    Lia's been on Glycolax for almost 3 years now because she used to have horrendous constipation. It's a prescription that we mix in her drink in the morning 3X/week. We tried so many things and went through a lot of tears with her, day and night, and then again.

    Two bits of advice we were given from the docs: you can try to stimulate her with a rectal thermometer and stay away from fruit and juice all together because there's so much natural sugar in it (you can reintroduce it gradually).

    Poor Grace...good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No fun! It's amazing what you will do as a parent....and not even think twice. :)

    I hope she is feeling better and you don't have this issue again. NO fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man! And for the dog to eat it!??! Uck! I think Im gonna puke!

    I sure hope she is feeling better soon. I actually haven't been in that situation where we had to use suppositories, and from the sounds of it, not sure I want to. Kudos to you.. and Adam!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow... knock on wood, Aiden has never had that problem :) I hope she feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh and the dog ate it... yuk, poor him! lol :)
    I hope she is feeling better!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, man poor grace! My boys have the total opposite problem...their pooping all the time, that's a man for ya! Hope grace gets over this bout with constipation soon that's NO fun.:(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Been there! I just hope she isn't difficult at going ON the pottie- start soon!

    ReplyDelete