Monday, September 1, 2008

40th Anniversary

Sunday, August 31st was my mom and dad's 40th Wedding Anniversary. We made a big deal out of their 35th, had a surprise party and everything but we figured with 5 kids under the age of 5 a nice little get together at our house would work best. We couldn't decide what to get my parents and thought about getting professional family pictures done since we have never done this. We ended up rejecting this idea because I think it would end being one of those presents that would cost them money. That, and I think Nicole would lose her mind with this bunch.

Case in point: I thought I would try to get some family pics with my Canon SLR. Professional I am not but good lord my subjects were uncooperative. I thought I would start with the girls, then do the two boys and then try to do a family shot. Here is how the girls went:

1. Ally and Natalie, "We want our dolls in the picture! Here, lift them up..." Grace: "Waaaaaaaah"
2. Ally and Natalie. "No, we will not take pictures without our dolls, or look at you, or listen to anything you and mommy are screaming at us". Grace, "Hmmm, this block tastes pretty good, I think I will just stand here with something in my mouth".

3. Ally and Natalie (after Nicki and I wrestled the dolls away from them), "Why does our stupid Aunt Jane ALWAYS want to take our picture?" Grace: "Yup, still just going to sit here and chew on this here salt shaker and scream if you dare to take it away from me"

4. Would be a half way decent shot if it weren't for Grace and the salt shaker, Ally's Chandler smile, and Natalie looking bored. Ugh....

I give up. Our family in incapable of taking decent family pictures. Someone is always crying, or napping, or eating.... IMPOSSIBLE! :)

A little while later we look out into the back yard and find these two little skinny dippers! HA! Nothing like running around naked in the back yard!

Berkley and Fergus, Sydney and Dooley's Scottie cousins also came over and Berkley thought a dip in the pool sounded like a fabulous idea.

Happy Anniversary mom and dad! Look at all you have created!! :) xoxo


3 comments:

  1. AHhh hahah! That's about how my attempts for pictures with Porter goes... serious!

    I love the skinny dippers HAHAH! Porter runs around naked all day now... I'm sure our neighbors think we're nudists or something. (serious... we probably look all "earthy" drying our clothes on the line, our kid running around nekkid HAHA!)

    Glad your weekend went great (at least it sounds like it!)

    Happy Anniversary Jane's Parents!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am cracking up at your family shenanigans!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It really is amazing I didn't have a single drink that day... oh wait -- maybe it was the hangover from the wedding the night before! HA!

    Thanks for hosting the craziness... you have the best backyard for our little nudists!

    ReplyDelete