Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Great Minds Think Alike

My mom just called me and left me this message:

"Hey Jane, just wanted to call and leave you a message in case you needed a smile today. Your daughter just climbed up on the arm of the couch and tried to stand up and balance. 14 months old. Sound like anyone you know?"

HAHA! This was my favorite thing to do as a kid. I would walk along the back of the couch and dance in front of the oven door (where I could see myself). There wasn't a car seat that could contain me or an obstacle I couldn't climb. I was such a handful my mom put me in gymnastics as an outlet. 18 years and a full ride scholarship later- I was still doing it. My mom was always terrified watching me compete and hated seeing me injured but let me do it because I loved it so much.

I just know my mom saw Grace do that today and thought "oh no, not again" :)

3 comments:

  1. Awwe, thats cute! Looks like you will have your hands full!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable. Looks like you are going to have your hands full. It sounds like Reyna. She climbs on everything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute!!! I remember when I used to go to Joan's and you were like 3 years younger than me. You would be in the gymnastics room doing uneven bars and bean you were so little and cute and flew all over those dang bars!!! Just wanted to share that little memory! Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete