Sunday, October 5, 2008

Organizing My Life

It all started with this. Organizing my work storage unit. It was an absolute mess and it felt so good to get it under control....

So then I moved on to my closet this weekend.
I change my closet out according to season because not everything fits. Does anyone else do this? It makes it a good time to reevaluate my clothes. After my closet I moved on to my sock drawer, and then my underwear drawer, my shoes, and then all the totes in the basement. And before I knew it I had 4 bags of stuff to donate to St. Vincents.
I didn't know I had so many pairs of dress pants. I now know I have no winter casual shirts. I went shopping today to fill the holes and got a few shirts from Ann Taylor and some Nine West boots.
Speaking of shopping, I am afraid I will never again have a leisurely shopping trip. Either I have a grumpy, no-nap toddler with me who wants to get out of the stroller and run around the store or I have to get home to said toddler, or I am on my lunch break, or some other time constraint. NEVER again will I shop in peace- BOO HOOOOOOO. Does this ever change? Will I ever have time to get everything I need in one trip again?

2 comments:

  1. Must have been the weekend for such tasks! I did the same thing yesterday... put away all the summer stuff, got out winter! I bagged up two huge garbage bags for Goodwill too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hate to break the news to you, but no. Not with a toddler. :) Reyna is awful in the store. I can get her to sit in the cart at TArget only b/c she knows she gets popcorn. I thought I'd never see the day where I bribed my child. :) hahah

    ReplyDelete